Attendees Up to 200
Congratulations on choosing Raleigh, N.C., as the destination for your upcoming event! My role is to work with groups up to 200 attendees. I can help you in these ways:
PLANNING PROCESS - Click for more information
Planning is much easier when you work with the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB). The Greater Raleigh CVB provides a convention services manager who helps you with all your destination needs like:
- The choices of venues and attractions, suppliers, tours and dine around options can be difficult, particularly for planners located outside the Raleigh area. Our Event Services Listing provides a handy online tool featuring nearly 40 business types that we use to help you find the right convention and event suppliers for your group. Our Unique Meeting Site tool helps us help you by giving you an extensive listing of offsite and special event venues to consider.
- Creating a unique tour experience can be made simpler when you use one of our suggested itineraries to create your own experience or work with a Raleigh area-based DMC for a truly customized tour event created by a knowledgeable vendor.
MARKETING, ATTENDANCE PROMOTION, PR ASSISTANCE & MEDIA KIT - Click for more information
REGISTRATION & STAFFING ASSISTANCE - Click for more information
The Red Carpet Welcome Program, for groups that generate more than 500 room-nights on peak, is a combination of communications designed to help our business community be more aware of your group and thus provide a better level of hospitality. Even more, the program helps you and your attendees have a memorable experience. It includes:
- Welcome banner in convention center and key host hotel(s), upon request
- “Convention Alert” to communicate specific details about your group to local businesses, Downtown Raleigh ambassadors and Raleigh police in the direct area of your convention
- Joint welcome letter from the mayor/city, county and Greater Raleigh CVB and coordination of VIP welcomes (minimum notice: three months)
- Cooperative welcome program with RDU International Airport for groups with heavy airport arrivals
- Coordinated pre-con meeting with the Raleigh Convention Center, host hotels and CVB all in attendance--this is the perfect way to ensure that all plans are set and everyone involved is on the same page before your event starts!
- Onsite welcome booth stocked with visitor information (materials include Official Visitors Guide, Hanging Around Downtown map, SmartCard program etc.)
VOLUNTOURISM - Click for more information
More and more, meeting planners are asking how they can support Raleigh's causes while their attendees are meeting here. We call this voluntourism. Not only does it give the visiting attendees new and positive experiences, but also it makes a positive impact on our destination.
The Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) has partnered with Activate Good, which can assist you in choosing the best contribution for your group. Read more here then submit a request for assistance.
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM - Click for more information
Raleigh has become a pioneer of true sustainability. We’ve implemented a three-pronged strategy that insures we benefit our citizens, our economy and the environment. To learn more about sustainable tourism, click here.
POST-EVENT PROCESS/CLIENT SATISFACTION SURVEY - Click for more information
We’re not done when your attendees are departing for home! Our post-event evaluation survey is sent to our planners to assess how we’ve done and how we might improve in the future. We also assist you in gathering room pick-up reporting (upon request) and will conduct post-con meetings or conference calls to review the event’s successes and what is necessary to fine tune for future years.